Mahr® Inc. Strengthens Precision Measurement Industry Leadership in 2021
Mahr Inc., a global manufacturer of precision measurement equipment used for dimensional metrology, announced that the company has closed out 2021 with record success, including exponential growth in new markets such as electrical vehicles and medical devices, while maintaining a strong leadership position within industries the company has traditionally exceled in including automotive, aerospace, machine tool and precision parts manufacturing. In support of this growth, Mahr added a number of key new hires and introduced innovative products to provide the expertise needed to help manufacturers adopt new precision measurement technologies.
Throughout 2021, Mahr continued to build its seasoned team of industry experts to help support the company’s commitment to providing customers with the service and support needed to help solve unique metrology requirements. The company added 20 new employees in 2021, including multiple strategic new hires such as Christopher Tewfik, Director of Quality Assurance; Regan Jones, Area Channel Manager for the Midwest, North Central and Western regions; Tucker Rae, District Sales Manager, Northeast Region; and Gail Esker and Tom Locke, who both join the company’s Applications Engineering team. The new additions bring added expertise to the knowledgeable, experienced team that has continually made Mahr a leader in precision measurement.
Additionally, Mahr announced that Manuel Hüsken has been appointed as the company’s new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). George Schuetz, Director of Precision Gages, received the 2021 ASQ Hromi Medal for his long-term contributions to the science of metrology.
The company also combined its two Providence, RI centers into one location to create larger demo and training areas and to enhance collaboration. The upgraded facility includes a new factory layout designed to optimize production processes, including advanced new manufacturing machines.
“The metrology industry continues to witness incredible technological advancements. While we are proud to be a technology-focused company with highly technical products, one of the reasons our customers continually turn to Mahr is for our unmatched industry expertise,” said Bryan Orr, Vice President Sales Americas and Executive Director, Mahr Inc. “We have the right people and expertise who can help apply that advanced technology to meet a customer’s specific requirements, and this focus has made Mahr a leader in precision measurement for more than a century.”
As metrology increasingly moves into the production environment, new requirements are driving the development of precision measurement products including the need for more data, a smaller footprint, and reduced time to measure. The company introduced several innovative new products in 2021 to address these evolving requirements, including:
- Marameter 844 K Inside Measuring Probes: A new, updated version of Marameter 844 K inside diameter measuring probes, used to make comparative measurements of very small bores ranging from 1mm to 20mm. When multiple diameters are measured in the bore, the probes can identify form errors such as ovality and taper.
- MarSurf® M 310 Mobile Surface Measurement System with MarWin® Easy Roughness Software Integration:This functionality allows the M 310 to be used as a drive unit for the MarWin Easy Roughness Mobile software, enabling another way to interface and control the M 310 while providing the complete functionality of the touchscreen unit on a PC. Direct connection to the PC is available via USB cable or Bluetooth adapter, replacing interface boxes that previously would have been required, and cutting implementation costs by half.
- Millimar® C 1202 Digital Amplifier for Length Metrology: a full feature, configurable, low-cost, digital length evaluation amplifier for high precision measurements in the inspection or production environment. The C 1202 features a high-resolution, high-color contrast display that provides clear and very responsive analog readings with selectable scales. The compact instrument is versatile and suitable for use with a variety of sensors.
- MarSurf® WI White Light Interferometer: Developed in cooperation with NanoFocus, this enables high-resolution 3D measurement and maximum ease of use. The new system features evaluation technology based on artificial intelligence (AI), which allows the highest accuracy to be achieved with increased robustness. The system offers a resolution of down to 0.1 nm, making it ideal for use in the production of semiconductor devices or optical components, as well as automotive, aerospace, medical and more.
- Advanced Air Gaging Capabilities: A Mahr-created breakthrough in intelligent part programming that reduces lead time and offer improved performance for air gage tooling and masters.
- MarForm MMQ 500 Form Tester: Extending Mahr’s benchtop form tester portfolio with new levels of speed and flexibility, the MMQ 500 features optimized machine design and construction for the highest stability, precision, and speed. Powerful software enables both setup and measurement to be automated and extremely fast.
Finally, Mahr continued to express its commitment to its local Rhode Island community, including support for CCRI’s Fast Track to CNC Manufacturing program and taking part in Foster Forward’s gift giving program.
About Mahr Inc.
When customers are faced with a metrology need, they turn to Mahr Inc., for unmatched industry expertise. Mahr Inc.’s knowledgeable, experienced team has made the company a leader in precision measurement for more than a century.
Mahr Inc., a member of the Mahr Group, has been providing dimensional measurement solutions to fit customer application needs for more than 160 years. The company manufactures, markets and supports an extensive portfolio of dimensional measurement equipment…handheld gages to technically advanced systems, measuring form, contour, surface finish, length and optical metrology solutions for customers within but not limited to aerospace, automotive, medical and optical production industries. Mahr Inc. is also well known as a producer of custom-designed gages and a provider of calibration and contract measurement services. Mahr Inc.’s calibration laboratories are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 NVLAP Lab Code 200605-0 (see our Scope of Accreditation for accredited calibration processes). For more information, visit www.mahr.com